Welcome to Local Pilates Nottingham
- feel more toned and stronger
- improve posture
- increase your flexibility
- have help with rehab after injury
- feel relief from stress
- improve your sports performance
Whether you are fit or unfit, Pilates is suitable for all levels of ability and ages, men and women. The exercises are progressive, ensuring that they are suitable for you. Everyone works in a way that is appropriate for them. Classes are limited in numbers so that there is plenty of individual help and attention. They are also informal and enjoyable!
Class Times and Prices
|Day||Venues in Nottingham
(see below for addresses)
The Park estate
|5.15 - 6.15pm
6.30 - 7.30pm
4 classes £24.00
50 - 60 Wilford Lane
|6.30pm - 7.30pm||Pre-booked:
4 classes £24.00
Please contact Sue to check availability of places, about booking a course, going on holiday during a course, or any other queries.
What is Pilates?
Pilates was originally devised by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th century as a means of
building a strong, healthy mind and body. Pilates builds strength from within and
works the body as a whole. It encourages an improved postural alignment,
focusing both on strengthening weak muscles and stretching tight areas.
The essence of the exercises is on precision, not repetition or
momentum. It concentrates on trunk stability, shoulder
girdle stabilisation, and maintaining the natural alignment and
form of the spine, all with correct muscle recruitment.
Do you have back problems?
Pilates can help with back problems, by working on suitable exercises and exercising at an appropriate level. The Modern Pilates way of teaching gives consideration to back problems (not all Pilates exercises are appropriate for everyone), and the 'Certificate in Exercise for the Management of Low Back Pain' has expanded my knowledge in this area.
- 1-2-1 Pilates sessions. If you are new to Pilates or are recovering from an injury a 1-2-1 session can be invaluable, ensuring you are recruiting the correct muscles. Just one session can make all the difference to the benefits you gain from the classes.
- 1-2-1 Personal Training sessions. Perhaps you feel your general exercise programme needs a boost! Kick start it, move it on . . . Try a new challenge!
- Fees vary depending on number of sessions booked and location.
- Small group sessions. Maybe you’d like to team up with one or two friends for a small group Pilates or Personal Training session.
- For more details please call Sue on 07974 819461 or email
Nottingham based Pilates Instructor
Modern Pilates Instructor www.pfetraining.co.uk/modern-pilates.html
Personal Trainer REPs No R0025096 www.exerciseregister.org
Certificate in Exercise for the Management of Low Back Pain
(Active IQ level 4)